Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Okay, Backtracking! Who and When Found Out

There's some things I wanted to blog about, that I didn't during my two-weeks of non-posting, so I'm trying to get caught up! Here is a summary (I'll try not to be too thorough) of who found out, where, and in what order! Angela - I called her a few hours later because I thought I was having an ectopic - she was SOOOO excited despite that! Carrie - found out when she just happened to read my blog! Quickly following her (because they were with her, at the Behrens' house!)... Seth Danielle Troy Hannah Soderborg - a student - told her because I had to postpone her lesson because I was at the health department! Terril (a friend from college/Caberet) that I saw at Fiesta G's right before we announced it to our parents (only told her b/c she pretty much asked me!) Mom, Ted, George II, Janet - Fiesta G's - mom was in SHOCK!!! I have funny pictures! Misty Sothers - she came over to give me some corn, so I told her! The waiter at La Rouge, as George II proudly exclaimed, when I turned down wine, 'She's having a baby!' Grandpa, Iris, Janae, Kevin, Minnie! - an italian restaurant in Boulder, where Janae and Kevin drove down from Estes Park, amid their vacation, to meet us and g-pa and Iris. I wrote this poem in a card, and had grandpa read it aloud (I told him "Grandpa - I saw this card and thought of you - it's really funny!" It wasn't funny. It was just like a 'hello' card, but in it I wrote "Grandpa, please read aloud: We're proud to say and excited to share A special gift is a gift from us. We're more excited than we can bear To give you the newest little Gatseos" Janae kept saying 'You Are? You Aaaaaaare?!!!" She couldn't believe it! (We had had a conversation just the day before I found out about how I was frustrated because I didn't think I was ovulating that month, and how I felt like I was about to start my period. I had her (and myself) convinced that I was NOT pregnant!). Grandpa smiled a lot!! I told him he better not go anywhere before next April!!! Mom was chomping at the bit for them to find out! She was just bursting with wanting to know Janae's reaction!!! Janae and Kevin even thought she was being so fishy, that maybe she was surprising them and coming to dinner! I have pictures! The next morning (we stayed at my grandpa's that night because of the risk of toxoplasmosis - a bacteria that's dangerous for baby, and found in cat litter, which is abundant in the room we sleep in at G's parents), G's phone rang, waking us up. I happened to look at my phone to see if I had any calls or texts (as I do every morning - I sleep with my ringer off), and read a text from Danielle that said something like "I assume your pregnancy is public knowledge because your mom just posted it on her facebook" - I was MORTIFIED!!!!! At that very moment, my screen lit up and Janae was calling me. Danielle had texted her the same thing. She said "You need to call mom! She just put it on facebook!" I was actually very angry, because we really didn't want to tell 'the world' - ie 'facebook' until we got through our first trimester! I called her fuming, and she apologized over and over and said she was deleting it as we spoke. It was up for like 20 minutes!!!! LUCKILY, it was fairly early on a Saturday morning, so I don't think many (if anyone) saw it. She got one 'like', and that was from my friend Janelle, so I immediately emailed her and said 'please don't tell, and please don't post on my wall!!!!' She had actually already emailed me congratulating me, but was discreet enough to send me a message, and not put it on my wall. Thanks Janelle! So, Janelle was the next one to find out! I forgave my mom quickly (even though I was VERY frustrated) because she was just so happy that she wanted to share it with the world! Nane, aunt Beth, aunt Suzanne, Ashley, Ashley's boyfriend, Brittney, Megan, Jeanne, Matt, Ben, Beverly, uncle Steve, Andrew - Nane's surprise 85th birthday party at Aunt Beth's house. I bought a blank puzzle at Michaels and wrote the same poem I wrote grandpa on the puzzle. It was in a little box. George helped her put the puzzle together, and she read it out loud. It was a good reaction! I think especially excited were Jeanne, Nane, uncle Steve, and Ashley's boyfriend (I know - funny!!!!!). I have that on video too! G and G' parents were so anxious all day for us to 'have Nane open her present'! It was so neat to have them 'in the know' and so excited with us!!! We stayed with Nane that night because of the toxoplasmosis - not sure how we're going to handle this in the future. Amy, Rick, Madison, Morgan, Ava, Rylan, Kim, Justin, Chloe, Jordan, Lavelle, and Larry - it was SO awesome that they were ALL together on the afternoon when we were able to go visit them! And they were doing school shopping (because the Bates were there from GJ) so they were in Westminster - not so far for us to drive. We met them at this little 'park' grassy area with subway, and waited until everyone (well, almost) was together (lots of kids running around) to make the announcement. Amy almost started crying!!!! It was great! And I got to talk to Kim, who is a doula, about my concerns. Theresa McPherson and Leslie Holzshue - emailed them that we needed to miss the marriage retreat meeting because we wanted to announce the news to my family at my aunt's birthday party - they were happy! Becci - at Tonettes rehearsal. I felt bad keeping it from her for this long, because the other Tonettes knew, but I really wanted to tell her in person! Agnew Family - we had them over for dinner and broke the news - they were really excited!!! Sherry - manager at Crossroads Allison Blevins (although Carrie had already told her, so I'm not exactly sure when she found out) Victoria and Josh - had lunch with them when they were passing through (Josh went skydiving) at Dream Cafe. Vicki was really excited! She was genuinely worried about my pain though, and called me later and prayed with me. It was awesome! Love her! DeAnna Hardy - in her lesson Val Stow - in her lesson - she was really excited, though we had gone to the B 4 Babies office that morning, thinking I could get a temp card and get in to see the midwife that afternoon because that pain was worse than normal the day before, and I was scared. I couldn't make an appointment until Monday, so I was scared and frustrated. So my telling Val and DeAnna was a little tainted with fear, making it a little harder for them to be too happy for me! Ashley and Rebecca - had a mini girls night with them and the Tonettes, at Dolce Vita - they were happy! Rebecca came over afterwards, to borrow my 'What to Expect Before You're Expecting' book (they're going to start trying soon!!!! :), and we talked for like two hours! I felt like I had so much information I could give her, which was great and empowering! It was a really nice night! Trish and Don Wilkerson, Noelle, and Chris - at small group brunch. I waited until Janae got there (she was going to be late), because I knew she'd want to be there when I told them. Made the announcement - Noell and the Wilkerson's were so excited! Noelle even thought she had intuition and kindof knew already! It was cool! At some point Janae told Rebecca Felix, Dazie Kirtland, and Sheri LaPlante (and maybe some others I'm forgetting). Aunt Heather, Uncle Randy (who told Evan on the phone), Larry and Rosemary, Uncle Tristan, and Lindalee - Heather's surprise 50th birthday dinner at Dos Hombres. Waited till after we ordered - the were excited! Heather thinks it's a girl, and she said she's NEVER wrong!!! I think that's it! I might've forgot someone, but that's a pretty good memory recalling back 3 weeks!!!! Later

No comments:

Post a Comment