Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stuff

I'm excited because I've kindof 'popped', but I can still hide it pretty well. My emotions go back and forth though - sometimes I WANT people to see my belly and know I'm pregnant, and I'm so proud of my pregnant belly, and other times when I look at myself I just feel 'fat' (which I KNOW I'm not) and like I'm getting uncontrollably bigger, which is hard. There's nothing I can do and I will only get bigger from here. And I know it has nothing to do with my health or fitness level - there's a baby in there! But there are still moments when I see it (my belly) and freak out for a minute. Anyway, just thought I'd share those two emotions!

Also, I just count every day with our baby as a blessing. I've had two people I know in the last two weeks who've miscarried, and it just really bring to life how very common it is. It is SOO common. I don't think it's talked about very much, and I think women in some way almost feel ashamed when they do. I wish that feeling and perception could be changed. I don't take a moment for granted. Thank you Lord.

TMI - When I pee lately, it's almost harder to 'get it out'! I really am starting the feel the presence of something 'in there' that is taking up room and sitting on my bladder! Occasionally it almost hurts a LITTLE, but I think that's fairly normal and okay.

I've kindof relaxed in my anticipation to 'move things along' lately. I feel like 16 weeks is really far - it seems like just yesterday I was only 7 weeks. I feel like it is what it is (my husband's favorite quote), and things are progressing normally. It's definitely that weird time where I don't feel practically any symptoms (I'm out of the woods of my first trimester), I'm showing a little, but not enough to be obviously pregnant (like I said I can hide it well), yet I can't feel the baby moving yet (probably will start feeling that around 18-20 weeks). It's sort of uneventful and boring, and a little scary since there's no 'proof' the baby is functioning normal (my hormones aren't raging, I'm not huge, and I can't feel it kicking). So, I'm just kindof 'getting on with my life' and working on a lot of Tonettes stuff, and some Momplicity stuff.

I was thinking today that this time of year is sooooo beautiful - autumn. The trees are shedding their leaves, preparing for dormancy and cold. And the next time I begin to see those leaves again, our baby will be born! It may be a long winter! But spring will be extra special this year!

Love you Baby G...

1 comment:

  1. Love you too Baby G! You will give Minnie a run for her money! But Minnie says she loves you too. Excited to see you bump, but it is still a little strange that you are pregnant and you're my sister!

    ReplyDelete