Well, I haven't been the greatest about writing in here lately, but some of that is probably because my pregnancy has been relatively uneventful! I've been sleeping pretty good (other than waking up every time I need to switch positions, but I usually fall right back asleep). Probably the biggest thing that's happened lately (and it's been a BIG thing!), is that I've been able to feel him kicking A LOT (esp. a lot in the last few days). The kicks have been feeling less like butterflies (though I still get that too), and more like full-fledged kicks! And I know it will only get stronger from here! A big milestone was when I felt him kick from the outside for the first time. That was during church on Sunday Dec. 12th. It was amazing - I was just sitting there with my hand casually on my belly, and all of a sudden I felt a distinct kick! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself, and looked with excitement at Janae and Kevin, whispering to them the good news!!! It's funny how I've been feeling him move from the inside for weeks now (and that was exciting in itself), but when I felt it from the outside it felt even more real! George wasn't at church that day, but I knew he would soon get to feel his son kicking! And he did - 3 days later on Thursday night. We had gone to the Over the Edge Sports Christmas dinner at 626 on Rood, where I ate lots of delectable gourmet food (and probably too much of it!). We got home and relaxed and I finally got to bed rather late. I was laying there and suddenly felt him kicking a lot from the outside (only the second time for me, I think), and so I called to George who was on the computer in the office, to "Quick! Come here!" I think I scared him like it was an emergency, but I didn't want him to miss it! So he came in and felt my belly, and lo and behold, he felt many kicks! I could tell he was excited and thought it was a really cool sensation! I was so happy to finally share that with him! And the next day I was at moms, and Janae was there - we were planning our baking day, and he started kicking again, so BOTH of them got to feel him! What an exciting week! And now it's been happening so much that I'm almost getting used to it. His pattern SEEMS to be movement in the morning when I wake up, movement at night when I'm falling asleep (though maybe I'm just more aware of him at those times since I'm so still), and then maybe afternoons. Although I really do feel him pretty often (sometimes just a couple movements and then he'll fall back asleep). A couple times it has been a pretty forceful kick, and it almost was uncomfortable. And a couple times, when it's more of a butterfly feel (I'm thinking that's his hands moving), it tickles and I just giggle out loud! The other night when we came home from Denver for Christmas (Sunday the 26th), right as we were almost home I suddenly got a kink in my neck. It hurt and made it a little difficult to breathe. I think maybe either he moved in a position that caused a nerve to pinch, or I was feeling the effect of holding my iphone up on almost the entire drive. Either way, I struggled to help carry bags in, and when we got inside I had George massage it really good. Well, that really helped ease the pain, and it almost left as fast at it came. After the massage, I laid down on my back on our couch, propped up, just trying to sit straight and stretch out, thinking that would help things 'straighten out'. Well, baby G apparently liked that position, and he was moving so much that, for the first time, we could actually SEE him moving around in my belly! We were just sitting there watching it and laughing - another milestone! It was so cool! So that's the story of his kicks.
And now he weighs 1 2/3 lbs., so we're really getting somewhere! Let the weight gain begin! I am definitely showing now, and I think most people would gather that I'm expecting (although I still feel smaller than a lot of women for how far along I am). But I'm content! I'm amazed that the countdown to delivery is in the double digits now, not triple! It's going to be a short 3 months, and I'm really beginning to freak out a little about having everything ready. I've been babysitting Ben and Virginia this week, and it's been a great learning experience. And it's been so informative to watch Jeanne and Matt discipline. I love it - they're so good at it, and I can't wait to implement some of their methods. They're at a Faithwalkers conference right now (at Two Rivers), and they just bought me an awesome DVD set of the woman who inspires much of their disciplining methods. It's 6 CDs, and I'm just SO excited to start listening to them!
Another REALLY awesome thing is the announcement of one of my best friends that she's expecting!!!!!! VICTORIA!!!! I never thought this day would come, and I'm so excited to have a good friend, that's MY age, and our kids will only be about 4 months apart!!! She had me open her Christmas gift to me (some cute maternity pants), and she put in a note card that said 'I'm Pregnant'. Well, it went RIGHT over my head because as far as I had known, they weren't trying anymore (for the year), because that would have put her due right before school started (and she's a teacher). And with the fact that I'M pregnant, and the gift was maternity pants, I just thought she was referring to me. But then I saw her and Janae looking at each other funny (Janae already knew), and kindof smirking, and it suddenly hit me!!!! I screamed for about 30 seconds straight, at the top of my lungs!!!! (I was hoarse for days after that!). I was just so excited! She is excited, but it's hard for her to show it because she really hasn't been feeling good at all. I fear she's going to be pretty sick, but only for this first trimester (if she's like her sister was in all three of her pregnancies). Anyway, I feel I have officially started a trend, and I'm SO excited! So now I have Klover, my other friend who still renames nameless, (but I can probably announce pretty soon!), Victoria, and my other friend Mindy who lives in St. Louis (and has 5 kids already, but is trying to move back here, and just found out she's having a boy!!!!, and only a month after me!). Then there's my acquaintances Jenny Macais, Riana Bichler, Hannah Lincoln, and Annette James who are due very close to me. So, I'm not alone in this! I look forward to many play dates! Now I just need to get a few other people on the bandwagon (JANAE?!!!, DANIELLE??!!!, BECCI?!!!!). Anyway, I'm thrilled, and really trying to savor these last 3 months.
On another note, I think I'm FINALLY set on maternity clothes! I got some cute skinny jeans with Christmas money (that I wear with some adorable boots J and m got me for Christmas!). And mom got me a cute light brown sweater dress that I can wear pregnant or not pregnant. I exchanged another Christmas gift for a cute green sweater. So I have 4 sweaters and about 5 shirts, plus 3 jeans, some khakis, brown corduroys, and dressy black pants. That's a relief to be finished.
The headaches are gone, I'm sleeping better, I still get a little irregular (but nothing I'm not already used to), and I'm just adjusting to the ever growing, distinctive, and intensifying kicks. My belly has been itchy, but that may just be the dry weather! I love it when George talks to Georgie and says "Hi George - this is your dad. Make sure you treat your mom good and don't kick her too hard. I'm excited to meet you. I love you. I love you...." It is the most touching thing, and I'm so happy to be in this with him, and have him be the father of our son. He will often lean down and say goodbye to him when he says goodbye to me. It's very sweet. I am savoring this time of my pregnancy. Sometime soon I'm going to post the poem I wrote for George that I gave to him the night before our wedding day, and I'd like to write baby G a poem too. And I think we'll finally switch out the sign in our house that's been up since we returned from our honeymoon that says 'Welcome home Mr. and Mrs. Gatseos', with one that says 'Welcome home Baby G!'.
I'm trying to think if there's anything else I want to write, but I can't think of anything! I will post more later if I think about it! Signing out!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Don't hold your breath for my baby announcement....it may never come. =)
ReplyDeleteThat's okay Bec - I will still love you even if you never have kids! =)
ReplyDeleteWhew!....cuz I was worried!
ReplyDelete