Wow - We're well over halfway, and I'm starting to freak out a little! Getting a LITTLE bit of anxiety about labor, and I really need to start thinking about nursery decor/theme, and researching jogger strollers, car seats, furniture etc. We also need to clean George's 'office' and start thinking about where we're going to store some of the furniture in there to make room for nursery furniture/supplies. It's almost halfway through December, and next month is when we're going to do the nursery (before we get too busy and before I get TOO pregnant!). Then, not to mention, I need to start thinking about my shower (theme, guest list, registry etc.). So, since I'm freaking out a little, I'm going to make a to-do list right here, so I can get my thoughts out!
1. Find a place to store G's couch, closet unit, bike stand, and filing cabinet.
2. Move his desk into my office, and purge my desk (sell?, donate?).
3. Reorganize and combine our desks and filing cabinets.
4. Decide on nursery colors/theme.
5. Paint and decorate nursery.
6. Research and decide on what we want as far as: car seat, stroller, crib, changing table, dresser, rocker, other storage in nursery.
7. Create registry.
8. Wash and hang the clothes that have been donated to us so far.
9. Store off-season clothes in plastic bins.
10. Move coats/jackets to nursery closet (and store off-season in plastic bins).
11. Ask who will help mom and Janae host my shower - theme?
12. Consider doing a Denver shower - who host?
13. Create guest list for shower(s).
14. Register for hypnobirthing class.
15. Register for Pregnancy Pathways express class and labor and delivery tour.
16. Look into prenatal yoga.
17. Do all the paperwork that I need to do (research).
18. Keep reading hypnobirthing book.
19. Get together with Kim (doula).
20. Do my birth plan.
21. Continue to write down positive thoughts that will help me through the labor process.
22. Have mom, Janae, and George watch 'The Business of Being Born'
Okay, I'm feeling a little better since I now have a good idea of what all I need to do. Now, I just need to DO it!!!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Okay sweet Tara, I will help you out on a few things on your list! First off, let's meet whenever you would like. I'm open to pretty much anything. That will take away number 19! Number 20 I can help you with over the next couple of times we meet. As far as number 15, you should call 244 - baby to sign up for the pregnancy pathways. They usually make an appointment a month or so out from your due date. As far as the express class goes, if you are doing hypnobirthing classes, there really is no need to do the express class - I can fill you in on any hospital procedures/policies you would need to know... I would also be happy to help with number 22!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim! I appreciate you! I'm grateful to have you through all of this! Maybe sometime next or the next week we can get together? Just let me know what works for you!
ReplyDelete