Thursday, February 17, 2011
Pregnancy Update!
Well, I'm feeling really guilty for not having updated in QUITE awhile! It's been a busy last couple of months (after Christmas always is!). There's probably so much more I should (and will think of later to) write, but I'll just try to think of some highlights that have taken place the last couple of months. I've still been feeling really good overall, though I've been getting heartburn/acid reflux fairly strong at night, and so I REALLY have to be careful of not eating too late. I really pay for it if I do. I am getting more used to sleeping on my sides only, though I still wake up every time I switch positions, and so I don't sleep real well. That's really started to have an effect on me. As I write this, I am battling a cold because of a pretty bad night of insomnia last night (I'm pretty sure my body would have fought this bug if I had slept well). And the insomnia is turning into my old-school anxiety insomnia (not JUST pregnancy-related, but it's exasperated by the pregnancy). So I'm not feeling great today. (Sorry if this post seems Debbie-downer). George has been wonderful, making me breakfast, going to buy me emergen-c (which I cleared with my midwife), and even brought me roses (as a late Valentines gift!). I feel kindof lazy as I've been sitting around much more than I normally do, but looking at the bright side, at least God let me get sick on my days off! Anyway, I'll be taking some sleep aid tonight, as I need to be on my game for judging solo and ensemble the next two days. It's days like these that I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore (yes, that feeling has just started setting in the last couple weeks!). My other big 'symptom' that is getting progressively worse is mid-back pain. Walking, standing, and laying down is fine, but the sitting position for more than an hour really brings on fairly substantial back pain. It seems to help when I sit up really straight. I found out that I can get pregnancy massage that's covered by my insurance, and have a referral from my midwife already. I will probably start using that in the next couple weeks. I feel kindof bad using that because I'm really not in pain at all if I'm out and about - up and walking. But I do sit for a lot of my day - on a piano bench for hours at a time, then on the computer. I've had to get creative with standing at the computer, and even during lessons a couple times! Baby G has been playing soccer with my uterus! He moves ALL the time! It makes me a little worried that he will be a very 'active' baby, but even if he is, that's okay! I'd rather him be moving a lot than hardly moving. It keeps my mind at ease. He mainly (well, always pretty much) moves only on my right side and sometimes on my lower left side. According to what I've read, his head should now be down. When I went to my midwife appointment the other day (and I actually met with Cindy Busker, the third midwife in that office, and the only one I hadn't met - I liked her!) she said that was fine and sometimes they just find a comfortable position and stay there. She thought she could feel his bum kindof right in the middle (a few inches below my sternum), so said his feet were probably to the right, then his back and bum in the middle, then his head downwards on the left. I'm assuming he probably sometimes stretches his arms above his head, which is what I feel when I feel movement on my lower left side. Sometimes it surprises me and almost hurts a little when he kicks hard! I've captured it on video twice (I should put those on here!), put it on facebook, and people love it! I feel like I still can't even begin to capture the extent to which he kicks, on video. But at least I've gotten some of it. I feel like I'm getting so big that I'm 'catching up' to the pregnant women I know that are about as far along as I am (whereas I used to be smaller than average). I still have a lot to do, but we got our Pregnancy Pathways appt. set up, nursery painted, crib and dresser (need to be put together), and shower planned. We had Troy Rarick get the crib etc. at IKEA when he was in Phoenix. After researching cribs, one of the IKEA ones was the the best one for the least money (consumer reports). Anyway, I'm going to continue this tomorrow (or when I can). Check back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment