Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Conscience

Something that I had to fight in the beginning (the first few weeks after he was born) was thinking that he had a conscience and could be manipulative - like thinking he was crying just to upset me, or timing fussiness to right when I sat down to eat, or resisting naps when I really needed to lay down myself etc etc. I really had to tell myself over and over that he doesn't have any control over that and he wasn't 'out to get me'! Once I really comprehended that, it helped me be a better mom. It is hard not to think that in the beginning though.!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean! Sometimes though you are just so tired you start thinking things like that. You're doing a great job and I am so happy to see you twice this week!

    ReplyDelete