Well, I'm going to just try to touch on a few major things (yeah right, this is me we're talking about!). He's over 8 months now. I feel so bad I haven't posted more. I really should just print out my facebook wall for the last 8 months and call it his baby book!
Major Points!:
He now, as of about maybe a month ago, USUALLY, and FINALLY takes about 50 min. - 1 Hour and 15 min. naps - 3 a day! I had tried that a few times when he was maybe around 6 months old, and it seemed to be working, but then I kindof forgot and went back to making him sleep every two hours, so he was doing short naps - 4 or 5 every two hours. He wasn't sleeping quite as well at night either (sleep crying a few times and waking up early for his night feeding - like 3:00-4:00) during that 'short nap stint', so I remembered to try the 3 nap 'method' again, and it works! It's really the only thing that works! Basically, I increase his wake time between naps, and only allow 3, and try to be on a general schedule. So then he's pretty tired by the time he gets to nap (and usually, contrary to what I've read in Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child), and goes down 'like warm butter on toast'. Sometimes he gets pretty fussy because he's tired (maybe overtired), but I've found that sometimes if we wait another few minutes beyond that point, he'll go into a 'zoning' stage and then he'll go down SO easily. We still rock him pretty much fully to sleep (usually, anyway), but we don't mind because he almost fall asleep within 5 min (and usually like 2 or less). Anyway, it took me 8 months to figure it out (and probably was helped by the fact that he IS older and that it's winter now so much darker early and later (less daylight)), but I finally did. It also took kindof disregarding what I've read!
More to come!
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment