Saturday, March 16, 2013
Georgie Updates
Soooo many things I could write about, so I'm just going to try not to be thorough, and just 'vomit' information!
- He says 'la-la' for love you, and will actually say it back to us after we say it to him, without prompting - soooo sweet and it melts my heart!
- In the morning when he's awake in his crib, G or I will go to the bathroom and try to be really quiet, but he'll still hear us through the door, and say 'HI' (Haiiii!) like "I know you're there!". Sometimes he'll just shout "momma" or "dadda", (or alternate both) and it's so cute!
- I taught him that when he wants something and I say "What do you say?", he says "Please" ("peees"). So precious!
- He is SUCH a busyboday - just ALWAYS doing things and exploring and keeping busy. So sweet!
- When we get him up in the morning we'll bring him into the family room with a bowl of animal crackers and his water, turn on cartoons, and he'll stand there and eat and watch until we get up (usually only a few minutes) - it's so cute that the cartoons actually hold his attention. It's our morning 'routine'. This is the only time of day we let him watch cartoons. Sometimes he'll play with his cars too, and loves it when we come out and play with him. He says "beep beep" for cars.
- Soooooooo precious! I've set him at the piano a few times, on the bench, and sit next to him and we play together. The first time he requested to sit up there and I set him up there but DIDN'T sit next to him (I went to do something on the computer), he took his palm and patted the bench right next to him indicating "mom, come sit next to me". It melted (and broke) my heart (bc I should've sat next to him in the first place! From then on, whenever he wants us to sit next to him ('play with him'), he pats the floor (or couch, or whatever) next to him to indicate, "come play with me". It is soooooooooooo sweet! His love language is having us play WITH him. He loves it, though he really does do great playing by himself too.
- He does really well in the nursery. Sometimes he'll be a LITTLE clingy right when we get there, but if we walk to the toys and I play with him for a minute, he's always absolutely fine. The last few times when we've had to leave, he's actually cried because he didn't want to!
- So he's been rather grumpy and even though I don't like using this word, 'bratty' the past probably 3 weeks. He just hasn't been himself. Sure, he doesn't ALWAYS obey, but generally he has a pretty good conscious and does the right thing in the end. But he has been throwing downright tantrums, and we've had to use 'tough love' much more than we ever have. I've actually been embarrased a couple times in public, bc he will throw a tantrum or just be SOOOOO insistent on wanting (or not wanting) something - he WON'T give in! Of course, I'm afraid if I discipline him too much people will think I am being abusive, so it's just frustrating! Anyway, this change was pretty sudden, and so we have been expecting more teeth to come in anytime. He usually gets like this - a little more grumpy and irritable and sensitive, right before teeth (though it really hasn't been bad - the worst it had been up to this point was with his molars). Anyway, FINALLY, he cut his top left incisor this week, and is about to cut his other one. It EXPLAINS SO MUCH, and we're so grateful that it's just not the approaching 'terrible twos'!!! (Though it could be a little of that too!)
- We also think some of it (the above) is because he's STILL having a rough time transitioning to one nap. He's been on one pretty consistently since we got back from AZ. While in AZ and Dallas, we were doing both one and two nap days, which worked okay. But he was more and more refusing that second nap. But the one nap has been rough, and still is. Before the time change, he was waking up at 5:45am and going down at 6:30 at night, with his nap being on AVERAGE and hour to an hour and 20 minute. No matter WHAT I tried, he wouldn't nap longer. Sooooo frustrating, because he's pretty much been sleep deprived for the last two months. Bc of the short nap, he's EXHAUSTED early, hence the 6:30 bedtime. But bc bedtime is so early, he's gradually woken up earlier and earlier. Very hard on us, and our social life! But when the time changed, we kept everything the same, so at least now he goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes around 6:45-7:15. I feel like he's SLIGHTLY adjusting to the one nap now, though still not long enough. Oh well - it's a season and we tried EVERYTHING!
- He's been obsessed with tee-tee and says he name all the time! Whenever he sees a trailblazer of any kind, he says tee tee bc he thinks it's her! And when we turn on 25 1/2 Rd. from Independent, he knows right where we're going and says 'tee tee!'. And he knows when I'm talking to her on the phone! He can usually tell if I'm talking to her or daddy and he'll say 'tee-tee' or 'daddy'! Sooo cute and intuitive!
- When we are approaching home - pretty much when we turn onto Gunnison from 1st or or turning onto 3rd from Grand (or if we're driving anywhere near home), he says 'home' ("hooouuuum") - so cute! He's so smart (of course, sometimes he'll also say it if we're out and about, but I think he might be saying "let's go home"!).
- Sometimes he say "happy", and we're pretty sure he actually means "happy", like he's happy! I always say, "momma's happy too sweetie"! It's so cute!
- Though I was a little worried bc he didn't seem to be getting his colors, he now does most of the time. Yay! It's really funny though bc for the longest time when we asked him what color something was (and even occasionally now), he would always say "boo" (blue). But now he'll usually say the correct color within two tries. :) ("boo", "gee", "ello" (or something resembling that), "puhpuh", "reh", "o").
- Sometimes when he just want to say something, but doesn't know what to say, he'll say the nonsensical word "ba-doh". It's his own made up word that doesn't mean anything in particular - he'll just say it to talk!!!
- He calls books 'boops' - soooo cute!
- He says "Uk" for "Uncle Kevin", and he'll say it when he sees the honda, which he doesn't drive anymore, or the prius. Very cute!
- He's starting to say "gammy" for grammy and says "boppy" for grampy - soooooo sweet!
- He loves playing in the back yard and digging with his shovels and putting the rock in his red pail. Also likes his tricyle and strider.
- Called Fruita 'froo-uh' today :)
- He says "play" when he wants to play
- We've gone to kidzplex 3 times in the last month and he loves it
- He says "hope" for "help", and understands that concept now (asking us for help with something)
I know there's so much more, and I want to blog about my pregnancy too! I will try to soon! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment