Friday, May 2, 2014

Gretta Sleeps Through Night!

She randomly slept through the night last night for the first time!!! (Hadn't even come close!). I did everything exactly the same tonight, in her routine, so we'll see if she sleeps through the night or not again. Probably not. But we were really excited anyway. Right now I come in the morning because she doesn't completely empty me, and sometimes I will come about an hour after a feeding during the day too. By the night time, I have enough milk to make at least one bottle 2.5 ounces, and we offer that to her after she nurses before bedtime. Sometimes she'll take some of it, and sometimes she won't. Also, she has really been starting to eat quite a bit lately. When we first gave her solids, she wasn't really quite sure about them, and I think she is pretty sensitive to texture. She likes them pretty puréed up. She seems to like the saltier foods maybe A little better. I usually try to nurse her and then feed her right after that, and give her some sips of water out of her camelback throughout eating. She really likes her Camelback and water. My milk hasn't been super awesome, but it has been enough for her, so I'm okay with that. I thought about cleaning her since she's almost 9 months old, and there would be a lot of advantages to that, including being able to eat dairy again. But when I read up on it, I decided to go ahead and nursed her to a year. We still have not had to supplement with any formula, and I've been able to build up a decent stash of pumped milk that is non-dairy. We've done cry it out with her a fair bit, and it works really pretty good for her. The night before last we actually let her cry for about an hour and a half when she woke up for her second feeding, which I knew that she wasn't hungry for. Yes, she sometimes still does two night feedings. Very frustrating – she has pretty much done one to two feedings a night since birth, going through different phases where she would do two feedings for a while and then she would just do one feeding for a while, for whatever reason she has been inconsistent and hasn't consistently prompt that second feeding. I know a lot of it was because of her rash and then my clogged duct, thus less milk, and so she probably really did need to eat because she was hungry. But now that she is eating quite a bit of solids, and my milk seems to be fairly decent, I am feeling more comfortable with trying to get her to sleep tonight through the cry it out method. I've been getting free baby food at some of my Mops meetings, at the giveaway table, and our Cuisinart has been broken, so I really haven't made much homemade food. So I've basically been giving her whatever I get for free, which lately has been a lot of fruits. I did buy her some baby food that has beef, turkey, or chicken in it as well as other vegetables or wheat cereal mixed in with it, and we never really gave Georgie meet from what I can remember. So she is probably getting better protein than Georgie did, and she seems to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment