Greta has been getting so many words. She is a good talker, and I would venture to say she picks up almost a new word every day. Of course they are not clear like she will say, for cup etc. Last night I said want to cookie and she said cuckoo – so cute! She is also such a night person and not a morning person. She is pretty grouchy in the mornings, and she is really really happy at night. It makes her it's hard to put her down to bed at night because she is being so cute. She is littleness independent and just walks around grinning with her cute little grin. She broke through The tooth to the left of her top left front tooth slightly before she broke through her top left very front tooth. Those two kind of came in around the same time, but her top front left tooth came in a little later than the one to the left of it. And then she broke through her bottom right tooth – the one immediately to the right of her bottom front right tooth. Hopefully that makes sense! So she has six or maybe seven teeth either completely through or broken through now. So thankful, as that really long stretch where she did not get any teeth was really hard because she was super fussy from teething. She is still doing two naps. She usually goes to bed anywhere between 730 and 830, and sleeps until around 7 o'clock, give or take. She has been waking up slightly earlier, and I think that could be a sign that she might be starting to be ready to wean to one nap. Georgie has been taking no nap occasionally, and I will let him. If he just really doesn't seem tired, and I put him down and he can't Pollis late, or if I put him down to late where he missed his window and it would make his nap too late anyway, I will let him get up. We've only done about three times now, but I expect it to happen more and more. it's really nice though, because I can make him do quiet time when he doesn't nap, and I just schedule that during grad a second nap, so I'm actually getting more time alone when he doesn't nap – it's crazy! he's been doing really good with the quiet time – I set a timer for anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes, and I give him some of his big books that have lots of pictures like the Richard scary books, and I just tell him he has to be quiet and read books during this time. It's so nice because I don't feel guilty like I do when I let him watch videos to get myself some quiet time. George he usually goes down for bed around between 730 and 815. A little earlier if he doesn't take a nap that day. And it's nice to when he doesn't make take a nap, because he goes right down for bed with no struggle. It makes me a little sad that he is starting the transition of not napping. :( greta is absolutely obsessed with bananas. She is a fairly picky eater and it is a struggle. We give her a banana almost every single day first thing in the morning, to ease some of her irritability due to hunger I guess. She probably eats 2 to 3 bananas a day – well maybe not that much but at least 1 to 2. She really doesn't like meat. She likes a few vegetables including you cumbers, sometimes tomatoes occasionally carrots. Sometimes she'll eat green beans but not always. She likes almost all fruit though so that is good. Although she does seem to sometimes almost stick her nose up at apples and pears. She absolutely loves cheese still, and it is always a go to. She seems to like eggs pretty well so that is good. She'll eat toast to with jelly on it. She's drinking orange juice now to – we started giving it to her a few months ago watered down with water just for the calcium. She calls it Jew or ah-Jew - really cute. She really likes rubber ducky's too. She calls them something that's kind of sounds like daddy. George he said something the other day that was so cute we were on our way to Chucky cheese to celebrate grandma's birthday. I was reiterating how Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus and we celebrate Jesus birthday for the whole month, and he said where is Jesus? And I said well, he's up in heaven with God – we can't see him but he watches over us and protect us and feet and we can feel his presence. and then he said I think heaven is a town. And I said oh really? Where do you think that town is? And he said I think it's by Australia! It was so completely adorable. I just died of cuteness! He is just in that cute curious stage where he is just so smart and asking questions about everything, and starting to really understand the world a lot more. He is just a little man at this point. I absolutely love this age. And Greta is getting more and more fun as well. She's really starting to understand everything we say. We have a peekaboo book with lots of animals, and I will ask her where is the sheet or where is the dog etc., and not always, but sometimes she will point to the correct animal. So she understands what I'm asking, and she's learning her animals too. She really does understand everything we say. I'll ask her to take something to daddy and she will. Or to go get mommy something, and she will. I am waiting for her hair to get just a little bit longer so it will start to stay out of her face more. It is in this awkward length where it's really long in her eyes, but not quite long enough to stay behind her ear. And then I will cut her some bangs – I'm so excited! Occasionally I will put her halo hair in pigtails – it's totally long enough, it just takes me a little longer so I don't usually have time to do it. But when I do, it is so so so cute! She looks even more like a little girl rather than a baby. She is a full on toddler. Sometimes when she gets tired, or just fussy, she will just start tripping on nothing, and she gets a little clumsy. It's really cute. Georgie is really a pretty good eater overall. I think we're pretty blessed with him. He definitely has things he doesn't like, but usually we can almost always get him to try at least one bite of something with bribery, and he almost always will. And a lot of times he likes it. he helps me bake quite a bit, and he enjoys that. We still let him watch videos in the morning because he wakes up earlier than us – he wakes up usually between 615 and 645, and we are just not ready to get up yet. Plus, we need him to stay quiet because credit usually sleeps a little later and we don't want him to wake her up. So he really really likes his videos, for better or worse. Probably for worse. He also really likes watching cartoons, which we probably let him do too much. He really likes Mickey Mouse club. Also likes Daniel Tigers neighborhood and handy Manny. For videos he also likes Cayou and curious George and police car videos. he started not liking Thursday Bible school again a few weeks ago when George started taking him because I started a small group on Thursday mornings. It has gone downhill from there. I think it's harder for him and George takes him because Greta is with them too, and he just wants to stay home with daddy on his first day off. He didn't perform in the Thanksgiving program, and had a meltdown when we tried to take him this past . So I think we are going to take December off and then we go to Arizona next month, and then we might try to start him back up in February, with me taking him again. I will just be late to small group.Georgie is absolutely obsessed with his train under the Christmas tree. He absolutely loves it! He lets it run for hours on end and just sits there and watches it. Greta likes it too. He enjoyed helping me put the ornaments on the tree as well. And he really likes wrapping presents for Christmas and birthdays. He can drop himself halfway into the carseat, just really helpful for me. I opened his door and then walk around and get Greta loaded and he can get in the car in his seat and half wait buckled in by the time I get around to finish buckling him in. It really is so nice! I feel like we are through the really really hard time with the kids, I will probably laugh that I just said that someday. But I mean like the newborn stage and the helpless stage. Greta is getting more and more independent every day, and George and I are loving it. She still sleeps in the pack n play in the front room right behind the door that goes into our front room between our bedroom and the front room. It's not totally ideal, but it works for us so were sticking with it. We're just too nervous to put them in the same room together, because we think that George he would wake her up in the mornings, and they don't always go to bed at the same time. So I think we decided to just keep it like this until we move and they have their own rooms. I know a lot of people have their kids share rooms, and we could definitely force it, but we just don't feel like our kids would sleep is good, and their sleep is very very important to us. I'm kind of a nap and sleep naughty! To a fault – it can really make or break me. It's something I struggle with, and I really try to let it go. Georgie does take a nap, it is usually fairly early – around 1130-ish. So usually goes down right after Greta wakes up from her morning nap, and then we all eat lunch after George's nap – usually. Of course there's always exceptions. But I usually do half an hour or two of time and they're both awake in the early afternoon where I can run errands. Then got a naps again around 3 o'clock give or take she usually does about an hour and 5 to 10 minutes, although early occasionally she will do a long nap like two hours or even over two hours. George he never really did that, but she does. I am very nervous to transition her to one nap, as I'm afraid she will still keep doing the approximately hour nap and not make it longer. we'll see! I'll definitely blog about it I'm sure. That's all I can think of for now – I think of things all the time and I will try to just blog about them even if it's a short blog post.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment