Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birthsmart

If you read the previous blog, I explained Birthsmart. Birthsmart is a class, well a 'gathering with a topic' that just started last January, and is every other month, held at a local church. The founder is passionate about empowered birth. It's a great networking source, as many wanna-be moms, soon-to-be moms, baby-related health professionals, and baby-related industry professionals attend. I actually invite every pregnant woman, or trying to be pregnant woman I run in to, and at this last class I had recruited 5 people! Kim, my best friend Amy's sister who is a doula couldn't believe that I had brought that many people (I think I'm Birthsmart's groupie!). Anyway, this one was on the pros and cons of epidural. To summarize, I left feeling, as I knew I would, a little torn about doing an epidural (which I always thought I would). I THINK I'm still going to do it, though it left a few disappointments in my mind. In summary, pretty much the biggest con in my eyes would be a possible lack of bonding, or at least a lack of embodying the entire labor process. But judging from my reaction to every episode of TLC's 'Birthday' or 'A Baby Story' (which is crying, or at least a welling up of tears almost EVERY time), I just don't think I'll have a difficult time bonding with my baby or really experiencing the whole process of labor. I don't feel I need PAIN to do that (maybe some women do). Anyway, probably epidural, but we'll see how it goes. I have a little time to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment