This blog was written Tuesday August 3, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.
Just reading up (refreshing my memory) on things to avoid during pregnancy. I'm just going to put it here so I can refer back to it.
1.Obviously alcohol, smoke, drugs (duh!), some over-the-counter drugs except acetaminophen (INCLUDING herbs and natural supplements).
2.Fish – some should be avoided altogether, some in moderation. Salmon, cod, and tuna are really the only ones that I would eat, and I really don't eat them that often, so I think I'm fine! The issue here is mercury.
3.Soft cheeses and cheese that hasn't been pasteurized – can be a breeding ground for bacteria. This includes brie, feta, and blue – one's I've eaten in the last two weeks!
4.Artificial sweetener. The jury is still out, but I think I will just avoid it altogether.
5.Maybe microwaves and electric blankets
6.I should be getting 75-100 grams of protein a day! Yikes! I need to up that!
7.2 T. of fat/day – fat is good for the developing baby's brain and helps my skin be stretchable.
8.Do kegal exercises – it will help those muscles not be weak after childbirth, and it will help WITH childbirth
9.No negative thoughts and actions – stay focused on my baby!
10.No flaxseed oil
11.Avoid hot dogs – seriously!
12.No contact with reptiles
13.Avoid tick-bites
14.Avoid vitamin A supplements – four times the RDA can be very unsafe for baby
15.Avoid drinking tap water (?)
16.Avoid exposure to pesticides
17.Avoid Fumes from Paint, Paint Thinner, Household Cleaning Products and so on
18.Avoid raising my body temperature more to more than 102 (duh!)
19.No saunas, hot tubs, or long hot baths
20.Avoid Cleaning Cat Litter Boxes and Uncooked Meat, as they present the risk of toxoplasmosis, which causes birth defects.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment