Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tiredness, Breast Pump, Yard Saling, Freecycle, Life's Gonna Change

I've just thought of a few things I want to write about! First, I am just SO TIRED. I have been fighting the excuse of pregnancy, but I'm just not so sure anymore. I have been sleeping, overall, pretty well (better than I use to with all my insomnia issues). And my body is USED to surviving on less sleep than most people. But it's so frustrating that even after sleeping good for a couple nights in a row, I am just still EXHAUSTED in the afternoons (and sometimes late morning too). I'm trying not to complain, as that's really the only symptom I've have (besides sore breasts). So I'm just trying to plug along and get through it. I think it's so frustrating for me, because it's hard for me to 'sit still' and not always be doing something that 'needs done'. Even right now I'm fighting the tiredness that is going to get in my way of being productive this afternoon - ugh! Luckily, with my new schedule I have Thursdays and Fridays 'off' (well, for Momplicity stuff), and I've still not had quite the hectic schedule that I will have. Choir hasn't started yet, and I'm still ironing out my school-year teaching schedule. I am SO GRATEFUL that the Lord has let me have more 'down time' than I've had in a long time. I do feel guilty, but it would be more difficult to teach when I'm constantly so tired. There have been a few teaching hours where it's everything I can do just to hold my head up. I almost feel like I'm cheating my students, but I guess I have to work. And A LOT of women have it A LOT worse than I do - so I'm really not complaining. Other than the tiredness, I've been sleeping better than before and more regular than before (woo hoo!), and I've really been trying to keep up exercising (training twice a week and walking/running every few days).

On a different note, I bought a breast pump the other day!!!!!! Sooo exciting (no, really!). It's a $330 (or more) breast pump - really nice, good brand, electric, does both sides at once, in good shape, and I got it for $40 at Paula Agnew's friend Leeanne's yard sale! I also bought a maternity shirt and dress! I am really going to start yard saling while there's still time left in the yard saling season. It's difficult not knowing the sex, but there's still a lot of things we can buy, and I'm all about good deals! If anyone knows of any other means to get good deals on baby stuff, let me know! I also belong to a local group online called freecycle, where people post things they need/want, or things they're offering, and you can have it (for free)! Pretty cool!

On a final note, it just hits me all the time now how our life is going to change. I KNOW it's gonna be hard. I was just watching the show 'Bringing Home Baby', and every time I watch it I can just see how exhausted, run-down, and overwhelmed the new moms and dads are. So, I'm going in to it knowing that, and knowledge is power. I already accept the fact that I'll be just absolutely sleep-deprived and cranky for the first few weeks, but I know IT'S JUST A NORMAL PART OF THE PROCESS. Women have been doing it for hundreds of years, and I can too. Plus, it will be SOOO worth the hard work. Nothing that beautiful comes without difficulty. I know that being a 'family' is going to be so different than being a couple, and I'm just so excited for that next season of life. I'm so ready to be a mom, in a family. It will be so fun to have family game nights, cooking for them - just hanging out with them! And making humans that are half me and half George is just amazing! Also, we have amazing families. I know my mom will be here helping us on those sleepless nights, and I think G's parents are going to come down too. And my best friend Angela is coming to help too. And of course my sis will help out in any way she can. I feel very blessed to have such a great support system. Anyway, bring on the difficulty, bring on the love. I'm READY! As ready as I can be!

1 comment:

  1. You will be an amazing mother! I'm glad you are prepared for the work once it pops out! At least expecting a difficult ride... but it will be worth it like you said. And I will help a lot! Can you ask the doctor about your fatigue? It would really suck to be this exhausted for the next 7 months. Can you have ANY caffeine? Love you!

    ReplyDelete