Friday, November 5, 2010

Ugh - Pregnancy Woes

So last night was rough. I officially can't lay on my stomach or back, and though I like sleeping on my sides, it's getting old. I am constantly paranoid that I will end up on my back, so I wake myself up (it's not a HUGE deal yet, but it's still not a good idea). And for the last week I've been waking up really early (like 4:00,5:00, or 6:00), and not really being able to fall back asleep. I'm really tired, but just can't seem to shut down. It's really started affecting me the last 3 days - I've been deep in my pores tired, and it even affects my quality of life a little (I know this feeling well from when I used to have insomnia). I felt like it was just a phase, but I'm starting to wonder. And on top of that, I've been feeling stretching sensations - last night they were fairly strong, and prevented me from sleeping well. It's like that feeling when you eat a lot the night before you go to bed, and your stomach feels stretched in the morning - a mild cramping feeling (or when you don't eat a lot and your stomach feels like it's shrinking). I also started feeling it a LITTLE around into my back. Ugh. I think this is one of the worst I've felt so far in my pregnancy. I know that it's only going to get worse, as far as discomfort sleeping, and I need to just deal with it and get on with my life! It just stinks because the lack of sleep really does magnify every little symptom so much. I have just hardly been hungry at all - have to force myself to eat - and it's supposed to be the opposite right now. I hope nothing is wrong. I'm attributing the lack of hunger to my irregularity and my lack of sleep (lack of sleep always makes me lose my appetite). Anyway, just thought I'd share because that's what I'm going through right now.

2 comments:

  1. You should invest in a preggie pillow! AMAZING! Saved my life as far as sleeping goes and still use it on occasion! Worth every penny!

    http://www.preggiepillow.com/product/Leachco-Back-N-Belly--Contoured-Body/B0002E7DIQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minda!!!! I have heard a lot about this lately - I will look at it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete