Thursday, November 11, 2010

You Guessed It (Well, SOME of You!!!!)

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!! I have to say I was a little surprised, but as George said 'I told you'!!!! We are thrilled to carry on the Gatseos name, and have a boy 'first'!!!! He will be a great, protective big brother, and we're excited to carry on the tradition of G's family having boys first (thanks for pointing that out Megan!). It will be fun to now start thinking about nursery decor, looking at boy clothes, getting in the 'boy' mindset etc.! Good thing I've been buying unisex things at yard sales! All of you that guessed a boy - GOOD JOB!!!! OH! Also - we measured 3 days sooner than we thought. So our due date would actually be the 3rd (though she kept the due date the same). I have a feeling this might be a March baby!
At our ultrasound we found out that I have placenta previa. Below I have copied and pasted what that is. It basically means that the baby implanted low (?) and the placenta is attached to my uterus right above my cervix. Usually the placenta is attached higher. As the pregnancy progresses, the attached placenta will probably move higher, and it should enable me to have a vaginal delivery. If not, and it is still covering my cervix (only a 10% chance), then I will have to have a c-section, and MAY have to be on bedrest/no strenuous movement the last few weeks of pregnancy. Not exactly what I expected, but life brings unexpected issues! I know it's in God's hands, and I completely trust that everything will be as it's meant to be! Here's the link if you'd like to read up on placenta previa!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc

P.S. I think I feel flutters right now!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen many placenta previa cases and want you to know that if a c-section looks to be the answer... I LOVED mine! Don't be afraid of it! Although it wasn't my original option, it was fast, easy, and I healed very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reassurance Minda! There ARE definite advantages of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - most placenta previa cases turn out to be nothing - the last two clients I had started with low lying placentas, and by end of pregnancy it had moved up.

    ReplyDelete