Thursday, April 18, 2013
My Love for Georgie, Separation Anxiety, 2-Word Sentences, Canines Broke!
So first of all, the last few days, Georgie has suddenly had this HORRIBLE separation anxiety like never in his life, and we've had to do 'cry it out' almost like never before in his life! We thought we were out of the woods for both! Anyway, in general he's been SOOOOOOOOO sweet and back to his normal self, now that ALL FOUR OF HIS CANINES HAVE BROKEN! (in the last week the last four broke - halleluiah!). Anyway, that has been a HUGE relief, and it really shows how much of the 'brattiness' WAS in fact teething. Anyway, 5 nights ago (and another night and 3 naps since then), he would seem relaxed and almost asleep in our arms, then we'd lay him down and he'd sit up, then stand, then just sob 'mama' and/or 'dadda'. It is sooooo sad. Then eventually he'd stand there long enough to where he'd drop the binky on the floor (which he absolutely CAN'T fall asleep without), and so we'd have to go in there are give it back. It got to the point where we'd actually take like 2 or 3 more binkys in and set them in the crib, and say "more dees", and he would even go through ALL of them a couple times so we'd have to go back in. On Sunday he never fell asleep for his nap (after over 1 /12 hrs), so I eventually had to just get him up and he didn't nap that day. We rule out pain, hunger, anything else, and we just KNOW it's just that he wants to be around us. It's soooo sweet, and soooo incredibly sad. It was so bad when I took him to the nursery during music theater workshop, that I just ended up keeping him because I COULDN'T bear to see him so sad. He literally looks at me with the most exaggerated 'brave' face, like "Mom, I'm trying to be brave, but I just love you so much, and I want to just be with YOU", then his face slowly turns red, puffs up, lips quivering like "mommy, PLEASE don't abandon me", and then tears start streaming down in an incredibly SAD cry (not anger, not pain, just pure sadness). I tear up even thinking about it. I just want to hold my baby tight forever and ever.
Which leads me to - I just love him SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I have always loved him so much, but it's funny how your love just grows and grows and grows. Especially now that the love is so reciprocated. It's funny bc I will admit (just to be honest), that I was SLIGHTLY disappointed when I found out he was a boy. But MAN, did God know how much I would love having a boy, LOVE being a mom to a boy, LOVE LOVE LOVE that bond that mommy and son have. I had know idea, but God, OF COURSE, in His perfect plan (DUH!!!), knew the experience I would have, having Georgie as my son. I simply wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING, EVER. I am soooo in love, and at this point, to be honest, I'm almost feeling like I'm not going to bond as well with a girl. I feel like boys is all I know now, and a girl scares me a little (which, of course, the Lord will prove wrong when she's born!!!!). I trust completely His plan. I NEED His plan. I don't know what I need, or want, or what will teach and help me grow. But God knows what will make me do those things perfectly! Anyway, I'm just so incredibly in love with my son, and he will always be mommy's little love. I am SO grateful God gave me a boy. And now a girl - which He will reveal to me how I can equally love a girl (and a different person), in an equally strong way. I can't wait!
Georgie's talking is just snowballing, and now he's saying two word sentences, and learning more everyday!!! He says "Hope (help) ________ (fill in the blank - like "car" - meaning "please help me with this car", he says "all done ______", "Daddy's duck ("truck") (ALL the time!), "Momma's car", "Ma ("more") ______", "ree ("read") book", and others that I can't think of right now. It's sooooooooooo stinking cute, and he's just learning at the speed of light! I'm so proud of him. He's getting more into cartoons, esp. Thomas, and he'll watch the video while mommy is making dinner (I finally just sat him down and said "Georgie, mommy really needs to make dinner (in peace!). Can you watch Thomas while I do that?" And he does! He keeps himself occupied and it's been SUCH a relief to me! Anyway, just so much learning going on all the time. I love him. Can you tell! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment