Saturday, April 6, 2013

Potty!!!!

So I wanted to quickly blog about how Georgie has sat on his 'cars' potty (that sits on top of ours) about 3 times now! Sooooo exciting! We've had it for a few months, but whenever I would ask him if he wanted to sit on the potty he would say 'no', or if he did hesitantly say 'yes', he would get scared the second we set him on it and be all done (sometimes almost cry or at least whine). Anyway, G asked him yesterday and he said 'yeah', and when he sat him on it, he stayed there (with daddy holding him) for about a minute! And G sat him on the potty at Dream Cafe as well as Outback today (didn't even have his cars potty), and he sat there for a minute! And again with me tonight right before bed, for probably 4 minutes! He was taking toilet paper and 'wiping' his pee-pee - having so much fun imitating mommy and daddy (well, mommy!). He's definitely acting more interested, and we've really started to talk it up, and talk about it more, and he has a potty book (we're going to get more too). I'm SO excited, as I kindof thought that he might be a slow (or late) potty-trainer, bc he didn't seem interested at all up to this point. But we give him LOTS of praise for sitting on the potty, and are getting my family involved in the praise-giving too! :) This is SO exciting! I've started researching it a little more too, so am getting my 'method' developed! I'm starting to have hope again that maybe it might in fact be possible to potty train him before baby Gretta gets here! Yaaaaaaay! (But I'm still not going to push it, and I'm really not going to try if he's not seeming ready). I feel victory already - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment