Friday, November 8, 2013
Gretta Stuff
So I've been writing things down about the kids, on my notepad on my phone, to eventually blog abaout. I'm quickly finding out that I just don't have the time to be as thorough as I'd like, and I figure something is better than nothing. Even if it's just the 'cliff notes' of their childhood, it will at least trigger my memory to fill in the blanks and expand! So, here is, copied and pasted from my notepad 'stuff to blog about for Gretta'.
Nicknames: Baby princess, Pickles, Gret mer, Miss Mae, mrs. Maes, Mae, angel, angel princess, Beautimus. I know - pretty ridiculous!!!
It is so sweet in the morning bc Georgie gets up (too early), so we (George) gets him set up to watch videos on the kindle (usually police cars, little einsteins, caillou), and around then GM gets fussy so we move her to the bed next to George and she falls back asleep. So we all are on our bed together, and it's just fun family time (even though 3 out of the 4 of us are sleeping!).
Cute swallowing sound when she nurses
Manly grunting sound when she's trying to poo :( Has issues with that (pooing) - sad!
Started doing short little laughing episodes a LITTLE before 3 months. Did it tonight (exactly 3 mos - Nov. 6). Soooo precious!!!
We just started implementing a bedtime of 7:30 (try to), made easier by the recent time change. Other than that benefit, the time change is kicking ALL our butts!
I go to bed at like 8:30 or 9 (try to), made easier (and harder) by the time change. Tiredness is very set in now but I know this too shall pass. With earlier bedtime, she sometimes feeds THREE times/night now. Stinks.
She's starting to fall into half hour napping schedule like georgie. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Trying to nip it in the bud and only thing we've found somewhat successful is standing over her and waiting for her to wake at 30 min, then sticking the binky in when she does. Usually only works for her late afternoon nap. She's been doing a fair amount of naps in the crib or in the nursery in the rock n play. I've been tracking her naps (time/where/length) for a week now, trying to come up with some patterns to make a schedule. She's all over the place. Probably bc MY scheudle is all over the place! I probably need to start tying myself to our home more, which is REALLY hard for me. Sleep training is a trade off for sure. She still sleeps pretty good at night and I often put her down awake in her bassinet.
I'm pretty sure she's a small eater, but she had gained ENOUGH at her 2 month so it's okay. My milk has definitely dropped of (I like to call it 'regulated'!) but I'm just plugging away and she seems to be getting enough. I've been pumping less - 1-3 times a day usually, and USUALLY both night feedings. Still about one bottle a week so she'll take one.
She's beautiful! Beautiful big eyes and cute little lips! She's tall! She was in the 25th% at her 2 month.
Just got her first diaper rash. Really sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment