Saturday, August 23, 2014

August updates

Georgie is really cute and is a really good talker, but he is starting to say some things grammatically wrong – like mixed up it, instead of mix it up. I can't think of others right now but some of them are really cute! Greta is still sleeping in the front room and occasionally napping in there too, although pretty consistently their naps are alternating right now which is fairly difficult for me. I don't have very much time to do quiet time because I'm never alone. Greta is crawling fast and furious everywhere, sometimes she'll crab crawl – usually if she's on a hardwood floor. If she's on carpet or a rug, she will often times do a regular call. Also, right when she started crawling she pretty much immediately started pulling up on furniture and now she is pretty pretty fission at walking along furniture sideways like the coffee table. She has become so much more aware and conscious of us lately. She is definitely developing a conscience and starting to give me more complicated looks like she really does understand what I'm saying. She is still doing two naps a day – her first one is usually about 2 1/2 hours after she wakes up in the morning, which is usually between 630 and 715. Then she'll do her second afternoon nap about 3 1/2 to 4 hours after her morning nap. Then she usually goes to bed some Time between 745 and 815 realistically. I aim for 730 or 745 though! Dirty usually goes down around the same time, maybe a little later, but he pretty much has been laying in his bed talking or getting in and out of bed or saying he has to go to the bathroom or Poopoo etc. for usually at least an hour before he actually falls sleep. I think that he possibly could drop his nap, if we were to put him to bed really early if he could get used to it. Although I'm just not sure because some days I just think there is no way that he could not nap and make it the whole day. But if we were consistently putting him down to bed earlier, it could work. But I just really need that time when he naps even though Gretta's awake. I'm thinking when the days start getting shorter and darker earlier we might attempt to remove his nap and put him to bed earlier, and then maybe we could put them to bed in the same room at the same time. But right now it's nice because we can keep him up a little later and even though the days are starting to get shorter, it still stays light fairly late. So it works right now.

Regarding food, Greta doesn't seem to love meat. It's so funny – I have tried many many times as I do with all foods very determined to make her like them – but she just doesn't seem to acquire a taste for meat. If it's puréed I can sometimes mix it in with vegetables that are puréed and she'll eat it, but she just doesn't seem to like the taste of chicken or beef – I think it's the texture too. She loves cheese, and I feed her a lot of 100% whole wheat bread, and she likes eggs for breakfast. We all eat eggs for breakfast scrambled, as well as toast or just bred for her, and then usually some kind of fruit. It's been so nice for the last month and a half because I haven't bought baby food – I finally realized (duh) that I could give her whatever we are eating, just in very very small bites. And since she's over a year now she can have pretty much anything. I don't think she has any allergies that we are aware of. I've been trying to give her some cold milk in her new Lola cup, and we couldn't decide between almond milk or cows milk, so we bought both and we kind of alternate which one we get her. And sometimes I will mix in like half breast breast milk with almond milk or half breastmilk with cows milk. I still have quite a few bags of pumped milk from the last six months, and I'd like to go ahead and give them to her and have her use them, because she can still benefit from my breast milk. Just as of the last few days I have more consistently dropped the mid day feeding because I was doing three feedings a day, but I just ran out of the don't baritone which I weaned off of very slowly, and so my supply has definitely been less. But since she is over a year now, I'm not stressed out – I am just slowly weaning her – very slowly though. As long as I'm producing some sort of milk, I'd like to give it to her. So now I'm just doing mornings and evenings, and eventually will probably only do mornings. But it's working fine. Oh – she also does not seem to like cold milk very well. She will drink it if she's hungry or sip on it if she's thirsty, but she definitely does not down it. I think she's going to be like Georgie – she just doesn't really like milk. And it's hard to tell if she has a preference between the cows or the almond milk. I think she might slightly prefer the almond milk because it's not as thick.
Back to sleep – she has been sleeping through the night for the last few nights, though she does seem to go through periods where she'll regress and start waking at an early morning hour – like around 5 AM – and so I'll just go ahead and feed her because it will calm her down and put her back to sleep, and then she'll sleep until her regular time usually. But even without doing anything she usually stops doing that after a few nights.

That's all I can think of right now – although I'm sure there's more things! Georgie, as usual has just been so cute and smart. He loves to saying it's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring and insert his name instead of old man. And he's obsessed with playing shark – we sit on the couch or the front porch swing and pretend like we're on the boat and we see sharks. It's hilarious because he is so entertained by it – he thinks it's so funny when I am getting eaten by a shark! Laugh out loud I also try to do Safari or camper or hot air balloon with him – pretend, that is – but he doesn't like it as much because I'm not getting injured! He loves the book we are going on a bear hunt, and many others too. He loves wearing his flip-flops because they're like mommies. He has been still doing so awesome with potty training, and never has accidents at all. He likes his undies that have the little hole in them or he can stick his pee pee out! He also will sometimes make us leave the room when he is going to, and I think it's because daddy stays in the bathroom by himself for a while when he goes to the bathroom – so Georgie thinks that he should sit on the potty for a while too. So so so cute! He likes to ride his tricycle around our house too. We do that when Greta is napping sometimes. He is also getting to have quite a bit of a sweet tooth like his mommy. He is starting to request dessert more often. Dang it! Whenever I bake, which is fairly often, too often, I let him help me – and he really likes it. Also, he is really loving gymnastics so much. It has seemed to grow on him more and more, and he likes his teacher Miss Peggy. She told us last week that he was ready to move up to the next class where parents aren't involved. This makes George and I both kind of sad, because we like going with him. But he probably should move up. Usually it's daddy's job to take him to gymnastics, because I have to stay home with Greta while she naps. Though sometimes it will work out to where we can all go if Greta does a really late nap.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment