Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gretta discipline and words

Greta is getting so many words – it is just absolutely crazy! If it is even a somewhat pronounceable word, I ask her to say it, and she almost can repeat me with almost every word I try with her. She is literally picking up a new word almost every day right now, which I think is pretty incredible for a almost 14-month-old. She now says mama, data, Bubba, Wawa, uh-oh, I, and she just started sort of saying cheese, Dee, yeah, baby, and I know there are a couple more that I can't remember. It's so cute – in the mornings when she wakes up I just hear her saying over and over again behind the door in the playroom in her pack and play, mom mom mama mama, over and over again. It's so precious. She is really turning out to be quite a mommy's girl. She wants me almost all the time, which is awesome and a little bit tiring sometimes. We've had to start doing some little timeouts with her where we turn the high chair around so she can't see us, because she's been throwing food on the ground, as well as her milk cup or water bottle. And it's so funny because she'll look a straight in the eye and put it over the ground and then just drop it, very knowingly. We've also started doing flicking her hands. It's kind of cute because she'll have a delayed response, she'll just look at us after we flipped him for about five seconds scowling, and then she'll burst into tears. It's sad, but it's kind of funny too. It's like she can't believe that we just discipline her for doing that!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment