Friday, October 17, 2014

Gretta walking!

On October 3 Greta took her first steps. She of course did it when I wasn't home even though I'm with her 95% of the time – she did it when I was at a girls night with Mops, for George at home. She was just doing a few steps at a time and over the last couple weeks she has done more and more. She would really only do it with coaxing until a couple days ago, and just as of about Wednesday the 15th, she just kind of started to prefer walking over crawling. But she still in the very wobbly insecure stage, where she'll walk for a few steps and then fall and crawl. But it does seem like as of a couple days ago, she is starting to realize how cool and fun walking is, and is seeming to like it more and more every day now. It's so funny that she started walking around 14 months because that's when Georgie and Leon he started walking, even though George he called for five months and Leon he crawled for four months, Greta only called for about three months before she started walking. So funny that all our kids walked around the exact same age. Greta is also obsessed with cheese it is like her favorite food. She says it cheese – it doesn't quite sound like the word cheese, but she's definitely saying cheese. It's hard to explain how she says it! Basically she gets that E Val. I also put her hair in pigtails for the first time a couple weeks ago, and is so-so so cute. It makes her look like such a big girl. I also have done to low pigtails, and that is really cute too. She doesn't really like for me to take the time to do it, so I don't do it very often, but when I do it's super cute. She's still doing two naps – the first one has been a little bit later - pushing 10 o'clock-ish, and the second one around 3 o'clock-ish, give or take. It's been nice that her nap has been pushing slightly later in the morning, because I think we need to start thinking about dropping that nap or at least pushing it later and later. A lot of kids drop one of their naps by 18 months, so she has four months to start weaning a nap. Although, Georgie didn't mean to one nap completely until he was almost too I think, so who knows – they're all different! She definitely has a strong little personality – she really likes to squeal and scream and shout out loud even when she knows she shouldn't, and she likes to harshly throw objects on the ground. She thinks it's really funny. She also is very obsessed with her Binky, which is worrying me a little bit, as she seems to be even more attached to it than George he was. Which is ironic because she didn't really love it that much when we first gave it to her when she was a newborn.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment